Some interesting stats and usage habits from Litmus. Apparently you only get one shot at capturing a readers attention and the percentage of ‘Read it later’ type behaviour by users is low.
- Mobile opens are growing rapidly. In the last year, emails opened on mobile devices more than doubled, and have increased 80% in the last six months alone.
- Just 3.3% of users have viewed a single email in more than one environment (both mobile and either desktop or webmail)
- Users who have recently read email on their mobile will do so again about 45% of the time
- This means that nearly 97% of emails are viewed just once.
- Mobile Friendly is no longer an option… rather a requirment.
- With nearly 38% of all email opens occurring in mobile devices, the portability of email has never been so crucial.
Read the full article on the Litmus blog.